- 600g chicken thighs, cubed
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 garlic gloves, chopped
- I knob of ginger, finely grated
- 2 tsp each of garam masala, cumin, turmeric & paprika
- 1 pinch of chilli powder (adjust to personal taste)
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200ml cream
- Brown chicken in a fry pan (one with a lid) and then remove and set aside.
- In the same pan cook onions until soft and then add the garlic, ginger and spices and cook for 1 minute.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the tomatoes and mix.
- Place lid on and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the cream and cook for a further 5 minutes without the lid on.
- Serve with rice.
Serves roughly 6 people.
This recipe is really easy to make and in my opinion is the best butter chicken! I got the original recipe out of a Woolworths magazine, and made a few changes each time I made it.